If you’re thinking about Digital Marketing you’ve likely come across the terms Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC). While often lumped together, the way they work is not quite the same.
Below those, often there is a map if this is a local search, and then below that, you have your Organic Results. Map and Organic Results come from working on your SEO efforts.
SEO/PPC are both parts of Search Engine Marketing
How Does PPC Work?
How Does SEO Work?
How SEO/PPC Stack Up
- Legitimizes your business and has the potential for a LOT of traffic.
- You don’t have to pay for every single click you receive on your website.
- Typically, you’re constantly working on your website, which also benefits your visitors.
- You can cast a really wide net over your potential searchers, which means you don’t have to be ultra-specific with your offer to still generate traffic and leads.
- You aren’t really able to get SUPER specific on your traffic.
- It’s a LONG-TERM commitment. Once you start, you have to keep doing SEO or it will lose benefits over time with other businesses out-optimizing you.
- It can take a long time to show a benefit (6 months usually).
- It requires an Agency to handle this for you, and no matter how you cut it, there is grunt work on all sides of handling SEO.
- You can grab traffic that you could not get organically if you have a new business or one with little domain authority.
- You can be VERY specific with your target going after only specific locations, times of day, etc.
- You don’t have to commit long-term to test out PPC – you can spin up a campaign and know within about 90 days if you’re going to have success with it.
- Once your landing page is created, the major lifting is done from the website side of things. While we are often always adjusting and testing, it doesn’t require significant ongoing website additions (typically).
- It can be VERY expensive depending on your location, search terms, and market.
- You are always spending money to get a click, so it’s easy to lose a lot of money without getting appropriate leads
- It 100% requires a professional team to see results. You cannot DIY this with success unless you really know what you’re doing.
What does Muletown Digital Recommend?
If you’re not sure what you need – be sure to book a call with our team TODAY so that we can help you sort out what you need.
Making mistakes here can be costly, so make sure you let our team of experts analyze your business, your goals, and help you figure out how to utilize a proper Search Engine Marketing campaign. When done right, the combination of these tactics is deadly, and can help you build your business while you’re sleeping!
Muletown Digital is a Columbia based SEO company offering SEO services to businesses throughout Tennessee, including Nashville, Spring Hill, Brentwood, and Franklin.